Our mission at Manhattan Psychology Group, PC (MPG) is to provide evidence-based, integrative mental health care efficiently and effectively to children, adolescents, young adults, adults and couples in the Greater New York City metropolitan area.
We are unique in 4 main ways:
- All of our providers are licensed with years of independent practice. We each have specialized education and training in psychological disorders and treatments, making us experts in our particular fields. The graduate students we do hire are in support roles, not as independent, direct-care clinicians. This means more expertise for your benefit.
- We communicate and collaborate as a cohesive treatment team. Our providers are dedicated employees, not independent contractors. This means better team work for you. Though we have multiple offices, we talk weekly about our families to ensure there is excellent communication. We also have strong working relationships with local schools and professionals.
- We provide 360-degree care, in-home, at our office, and at school, from birth to adulthood, for nearly all psychological concerns. This means expert care all under one roof, easier access to services for our families and faster generalization of new skills. And when there are many treating professionals, we can provide case management to keep everyone on the same page. Even in the home and on the weekends!
- We think and practice integratively. Our multidisciplinary treatment team combines disciplines from modern psychology, traditional psychiatry, targeted amino acid / nutraceutical therapy and Eastern Medicine to provide truly integrative care. We treat the whole person, including their biochemical, psychosocial and psychological concerns.
Over the course of many years of service, we have determined who are the best type of children and adults we can help. At MPG, we are interested in partnering with patients and families who understand that:
- Earlier is better – Outcomes improve dramatically for nearly every disorder or condition when patients seek help sooner rather than later. This applies to children, adults, and couples. Patients should not wait while the problem festers or until things become unmanageable. It is better to be cautious and intervene early to possibly prevent a bigger problem.
- Input vs. Output – You get out of treatment what you put into treatment. We are active in engaging and motivating our patients, but positive change requires mutual effort and determination. Patients who show a consistent drive to attend sessions, practice new skills and challenge maladaptive habits will see the most treatment benefits.
If our mission resonates with you, then please contact us to get started.