What is DBT?
Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT) is a research-backed form of cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) for teens and adults who experience significant trouble managing their emotions, thoughts and behaviors.
To sign up for our fall group, please complete this form.
Who can benefit from DBT skills acquisition?
DBT can support teens ages 12-16 who struggle with issues including:
- Disruptive behaviors
- Conflict with family members or peers
- Outbursts of anger
- Poor coping skills
- Suicidal ideation
- Self harm
- Drug or alcohol abuse
What does a DBT skills group teach?
A DBT skills group is an important component of DBT treatment. It helps participants acquire DBT skills, practice mindfulness, and provide support in a group setting. The group allows participants to connect with peers who experience similar challenges, learn how peers incorporate these skills into their lives, and practice the skills together before using them in real world settings.
Our teen DBT skills group will cover:
- Understanding and managing big emotions
- Tolerating and working through emotions or challenges without outbursts or major escalations
- Building and maintaining fulfilling relationships with peers and family members
- Learning how to view others’ perspectives and emotions respectfully
- Problem-solving strategies for less conflict with peers and family members
Group Schedule for Teens Ages 12-16
Dates: 9/8 to 11/17 at 7:30 pm for 12 sessions, including one Parent session.
9/8, 9/15, 9/22, 9/29, 10/6, 10/13, 10/20, 10/27, 11/3, 11/10, and 11/17, plus one Parent session that will be determined based on parent schedules.
Group Leader: Becky Fenton, Psyd
Up to 7 participants per group.
Intake: An abbreviated intake is required prior to the start of the group for all new MPG patients. The 30-minute intake with the teen is needed to assess current level of functioning, at-risk symptomology and group appropriateness.
Pricing: $1,800, to be paid in full prior to the group start.
- 50% deposit due by 8/25/22 to reserve spot
- Paid in full by 9/1/22
- The fee for the abbreviated intake is $200 paid upfront
- Intake fee is waived for current MPG patients