Date: Sunday, May 7, 2017
Times: 11-1:30 (For Parents of Kids Ages 0-7) & 2-4:30 (For Parents of Kids Ages 8-14)
Location: 805 Columbus Ave, Solomon Schechter School of Manhattan. Entrance is on 100th St, just east of Starbucks.
Babysitting Included: While you attend the workshop, trained advanced college counselors will supervise your children watching a Kids Netflix movie. Kids must be ages 4+.
Cost & RSVP: Discounted rates for individuals and couples who register in advance.
When children don’t listen, how do you stay calm and not lose your temper? How do you know which strategies to use for each situation? Based on years of clinical experience and the latest research, Dr. Rosenthal teaches parents specific and concrete skills and scripts that really work. Parents will learn how to reduce conflict and prevent typical child behaviors from becoming bigger problems. Warning! This is not a boring, passive lecture. This workshop will be fun and engaging and may cause serious improvements in your parenting skills!
After attending this workshop, parents will know how to:
- Recognize the function of different behaviors and respond accordingly
- Recognize and respond to minor vs major misbehaviors appropriately
- Enhance the parent-child relationship via specialized play skills
- Create routine and behavior charts for repetitive and difficult behaviors
- Give indirect and direct commands with appropriate follow-through
- Manage morning, bedtime, homework, meal-time and screen-time routines
- Give an effective time-out (ages 2-6) or loss of privilege (ages 7+)
- Co-parent collaboratively and think “big picture” about the family culture
About the Presenter:
Dr. Joshua Rosenthal is a NY & NJ licensed clinical psychologist specializing in the treatment of children, adolescents and adults. He is the Director of Child and Adolescent Treatment at Manhattan Psychology Group and the founder of Big Apple Day Program, the only social skills summer treatment camp in Manhattan. Dr. Rosenthal provides CBT, PCIT, behavioral parent training and family therapy. He frequently presents and writes about Positive Parenting, ADHD, Anxiety and Autism Spectrum Disorders in children and teens. To learn more about Dr. Rosenthal, please visit www.ManhattanPsychologyGroup.com
Click here to watch videos and testimonials from parents who attended my Fall 2016 Parenting Workshop
Written by Joshua Rosenthal, PsyD